Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stop to Smell the Roses

Well, to start off the new year (I could do a good blog entry on a discussion of the new year, but unless requested, will defer) with one of many resolutions. It occurred to me that when I was a bit low on cash, I lived on Lake Tahoe. As I would pass a scenic overlook, I would pull off the road just for a few minutes because I could look down and see something similar to this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathansabin/1270929252/
Refreshed, I would continue my journey. I hope to find a place near where I work to do something similar, I will keep my eyes open. I do know some nice places in the valleys and ridge lines in Pennsylvania. There is one little restaurant at 2000 feet that is nice to be in better weather because you can eat steak sandwiches for about $5 and look down the 2000 feet unto the valley below.

This last summer I went to Shenandoah National Park. Here is a nice scene here: http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3WZ0
So I would like to do a daily entry but will be satisfied with weekly entries.

No comments: